Trackers are not worth it

Oh well nothing like being a little controversial for the first post I do actually think though that trackers are not worth bothering with. Yes people have lost their quads thats for sure however I think its very very rare. I have appealed on a number of forums for anyone to comment if they have been saved by a tracker. I have yet to hear of a single episode where someones quad has gone and been found by one of these things.

The best thing you can do is save your money and put your name and address on the quad. Several people have had that work for them.

What do you think ?
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

I agree, Shrimp.

My feeling is if folks put as much time and effort into rigging up a GPS tracker to their Phantoms as they did a proper pre-flight checklist and power-up sequence, they wouldn't have the need for one.

Fink

Ok I now have to change my post having just seen someone who got his quad back thanks to a tracker. Thats the first one I have ever seen. Guess what, I just bought one...... oh dear.
    I fly Phantom 2 with Gopro 3 Black, Zenmuse, Imersion RC600, Black Pearl Monitor.

I love P2V's Radar feature, but if it crashes and I lose line-of-sight to its wifi or the wifi gets broken, the GPS Tracker is my lifeline. When it can't see the sky (GPS) to get a tight fix, it reverts to cell tower triangulation so I can still get a good fix on its current whereabouts.

When I'm not using it on the Vision I use it on my bike whenever I park in public places. One phone call and it reports its current location back to me, or I can setup a geofence and it'll call me if it's suddenly moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Ok I now have to change my post having just seen someone who got his quad back thanks to a tracker. Thats the first one I have ever seen. Guess what, I just bought one...... oh dear.
    What did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Doono View Post
    What did you buy?
    I bought one recommended by the people who actually found their quad using it. I got it from ebay this is the link to the item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1112016791...84.m1497.l2649