Manual Reader

New Android App - DJI Ultimate Flight

Release Candidate 1

This release is the release I plan to post to the Google Play Store. I feel that it is very close but I need you to let me know what you like and don't like!

Download: DJI Ultimate Flight - Home
    Like it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJIUltimateFlight

Changed are detailed below:

New: Moved speech initialization into main activity so that pop-up to download voice files happens before connecting to live screen

Change: App refreshes individual camera menu values when not detected; prior to this all items refreshed at once which could lead to one or more items not updating when there was a communications error between the Phantom and device.

New: Display units have been added for Imperial (US) and Metric (everyone else). Default = Metric

New: Calibrate compass button, complete with instruction.

New: Advance Setup menu added in main configuration.

New: Calibrate altitude to 0. Located on the new Advanced Settings menu, default off. When enabled the app will read the current reported altitude when the motors are switched from off to on and apply the value as an offset for flight altitude reporting. This is for display and reporting only.

New: Screen layout. Icons moved along the top, video and map screen layout sizes optimized. Camera and Video buttons relocated.

Changed: Expanded on-screen text information to fill screen bottom

New: Phantom direction bearing indicator, lower left of screen.

New: A home location marker is visible within the compass to indicate Phantom's bearing to home.

Removed: Removed SD card as an on-screen indicator. The status of the SD is reported on the new pre-flight report.

Fixed: When speech is turned off the indicator for "Say flight information" should show off to match

Removed: Time remaining was removed. It always reports 0 due to bug in DJI SDK

New: Distance options: report distance as the distance between the Phantom to the pilot or distance Phantom to Home (default: to home).

New: Added warning text before software expires so give reminder to install a newer version. This is only used during beta, once online in the Play Store there will be no expiration.

New: Flight timer

New: FPV Mode settings (Vision+ ONLY)

New: Pre-flight Report card. Checks and reports on MCU status, satellite count, home point set, distance, Phantom
    battery, extender battery, camera and SD card

New: Phantom Tracks - saves flight information into a CSV file. Future versions will enable offline flight reply.

Manual Reader
    I've added a second method to download the APK file using an HTML 5 download attribute. It appears that on some devices the primary download method is not working well and results in parsing errors.
    Can you try the alternative download link; located just under the primary one on the page you visited before and see if that works for you?
    Sorry about the issues,
    Ken

Manual Reader
    New drop:

The Ultimate Flight app I've been working on is getting very close to release...

The new release just posted includes the following updates and changed:

Change: removed Phantom Tracks button; it will not be part of 1st release.

Update: Flight log is being recorded and future releases will make use of the information. Logs are recorded in CSV format and are located in the documents\DJI_Ultimate_Flight folder

New: 3 display modes accessed by touching swap icon in lower right of screen. Original (live+map), full live, full map.

Fixed: CPU utilization when using variable gimbal

Change: Moved orientation radar to from bottom-left to new location top-left

See webpage for more details; lots of new things since the last post.

Enjoy

Manual Reader
    Is this still worth using these days?
    Last edited by Zion21; 10-25-16 at 10:42 AM.